Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Humanitarian Parole

Humanitarian Parole

Humanitarian parole is used sparingly to bring someone who is otherwise inadmissible into the United States for a temporary period of time due to a compelling emergency.
USCIS may grant parole temporarily:
  • To anyone applying for admission into the United States based on urgent humanitarian reasons or if there is a significant public benefit
  • For a period of time that corresponds with the length of the emergency or humanitarian situation
Parolees must depart the United States before the expiration of their parole.  You may submit a request for reparole, which must be approved by USCIS. Parole does not grant any immigration benefits.

Requirements for Parole

  • Anyone can file an application for humanitarian parole.
  • You may file an application for parole if you cannot obtain the necessary admission documents from the Department of State
  • You cannot use parole to avoid normal visa-issuing procedures or to bypass immigration procedures. As noted above, there must be an urgent humanitarian reason or significant public benefit for the parole to be granted
  • To see if you can obtain the necessary admission documents from the Department of State, see the “Department of State Visa Information” on the right

Filing for Parole

To file for parole you must:
If you are represented by an attorney, he or she must file a Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.
All requests for parole must be submitted to:
USCIS Dallas Lockbox
For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries:
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266
For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067
You will receive a written notice once we have received your application and again when your case has been decided. If you do not receive a response within 120 business days, then you may contact the Parole Branch in writing at the address above.
If you are currently in removal proceedings or have been previously removed from the United States, you will need to submit your request to:
Department of Homeland Security/Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Office of International Affairs
Attn: Section Chief, Law Enforcement Parole Branch
800 N. Capitol St.
Washington, DC 20536

No comments:

Post a Comment